Turkey gets all the glory on Thanksgiving Day, however we believe no feast is complete without a scrumptious dish of Aleia’s savory stuffing. We’ve been producing our gluten-free stuffing mixes for years… and now, thanks to you, it’s the number one gluten-free stuffing mix nationwide.
Keeping it simple
We bake from scratch. The transformation from using fresh simple ingredients to the finished product yields a bread cube perfect for your favorite stuffing recipe. There’s a lot of satisfaction and delight in knowing it will be the perfect stand out dish at your holiday table… and a treasure you’ll hand down from generation to generation.
- Aleia’s GF Savory Stuffing and Aleia’s GF Plain Stuffing yields enough to stuff a 14-pound bird.
- If you are going to stuff your turkey the stuffing should go into the turkey cold.
- Outside the turkey, it’s perfect oven baked. Use a 9’ x 13’ x 2” baking dish. (Vegetarians will thank you)
- Stuffing is best made on the day you want to serve it. To save time, chop all the vegetables 2-3 days before.
- It’s just as delicious and convenient if made ahead. Make and bake the entire stuffing recipe ahead of time and either freeze it or refrigerate it. (Do not refrigerate uncooked stuffing).
- Add-in any other ingredients you want to make it your own. Sausage, mushrooms, apples, chestnuts, walnuts, oysters, prunes, dried cherries…
- Adding the right proportions of ingredients is key. Incorporate all your favorite add-ins, just not too many. Play it safe by using about twice as much stuffing cubes as other ingredients.
This amazing, totally addicting, Aleia’s Gluten Free Savory Stuffing recipe is craveably-gratifying. Wholesome ingredients and savory herbs truly make it shine. Be ready to give out the recipe! Everyone always asks for it and there’s rarely any left.
We hope we make your holidays gluten-free and flavor-full.
Am I making my stuffing and baking it ahead of time, then refrigerating it? Then the next day taking the baked stuffing and putting it into my turkey?
To answer your question: Yes.
CAN YOU STUFF A TURKEY WITH THE STUFFING?
Yes! Just a couple tips for you; the stuffing should go into the turkey cold. You can also make it a day ahead so the flavors can meld.
• Prepare the stuffing using our directions for oven baking.
• After it comes out of the oven, let cool in the baking dish or spread it out on a sheet tray to cool.
• Spoon the prepared stuffing in the turkey just before roasting.
• Pack it very loosely.
• Stuffing should be 165° in the center when done.
If you have any extra stuffing put it into a buttered baking dish and heat it up in the oven. We recommend you keep it covered the entire time and remove the foil 10 to 15 minutes at the end of the reheat.
*An easy alternative is to cook the dressing separately and then spoon it into the cooked turkey when it’s resting.
CAN THE STUFFING BE MADE AHEAD?
You have two options.
1. Make and bake the entire stuffing recipe ahead of time and refrigerate it. (Do not refrigerate uncooked stuffing). Bring the baked stuffing to room temperature so that it will re-heat evenly (this will take about 30 minutes). Be sure to add a splash broth or a little butter before reheating to prevent drying out. Warm it in a 350°F oven, covered, for 30-40 minutes until heated through. To re-create the crispy top that you have in freshly baked stuffing, remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of the baking time.
2. Prep by chopping all the vegetables 1-3 days before. Follow the directions on the box for oven baking. It should only take approximately 30 minutes.
Hope this helps :)