Makes 10 cups
- 1 lb. sea scallops (cut into quarters)
- 1 lb. (16/20) shrimp (cut into thirds)
- 1 cup fresh crab meat or chopped clams (optional)
- ¼ cup sherry
- 1 bag (10 ounces) Aleia’s Gluten Free Savory Stuffing
- ½ onion medium dice (about ½ cup)
- 2 ribs celery, medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 5 tablespoons of butter or butter substitute
- Additional butter or butter substitute for topping stuffing before baking
- 2 cups gluten-free clam juice or seafood stock
- Place stuffing cubes in a large bowl and set aside
- In a large skillet pan on medium heat, melt butter; add onions and celery and sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Add sherry. Boil for approximately 2 minutes (until the sherry is cooked out) or until you can’t smell the sherry anymore.
- Add the clam juice
- Add the spice packet, bring to a boil.
- Boil for approximately 2 minutes
- Pour the mixture from pan over stuffing cubes.
- Toss lightly until well mixed.
- Cool mixture (can do this on a flat sheet tray for quicker results)
- Mix the raw seafood into the cooled stuffing mix
- Use as desired to stuff shrimp, clams, lobster, lobster tails, flounder…
- Top stuffing with ¼ tsp of butter before baking
- Place your stuffed items in a baking pan
- Add about ¼ cup of sherry to pan
- Cover with foil
- Bake at 350° for approximately 30 minutes, until the meat is opaque, and the stuffing is golden brown on top.
- For a crispier top set oven to broil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately
- If you have any extra stuffing put it into a buttered baking dish and bake it for 30 minutes in the oven. We recommend you keep it covered the entire time and remove the foil 10 minutes at the end of the bake time.
- You can safely freeze seafood stuffing before cooking with the seafood mixed in or after it’s cooked
- Make sure it is completely cooled before freezing
- Store in small portions in an airtight container
- Stuffing will hold up in the freezer for up to three months.