- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 cups Aleia’s Gluten-Free Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry chicken
- Slice chicken, 1/4” thickness, across the breast (from thick end to the tip)
- Place chicken in between plastic wrap (or in a zip lock bag) and pound the chicken into thin size cutlets (¼” thickness)
- In a large bowl whisk the egg with the salt.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine Aleia’s Italian Breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese
- Lightly season the chicken with salt & pepper
- One at a time dip the chicken into the egg. Let excess drip off, then coat with the breadcrumbs/parmesan mixture. Be careful to get a nice even coating on the entire cutlet.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces.
- In a large heavy nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil on medium high.
- To test the oil, take a pinch of breadcrumbs and drop into the oil. If it starts to lightly brown, you know it’s ready.
- Fry the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through.
- Drain the chicken on layers of paper towel or a wire rack.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a large baking sheet and keep warm in a 200 F oven.