- 1 bag (10 ounces) Aleia’s Gluten Free Savory Stuffing
- ½ onion medium dice (about ½ cup)
- 2 ribs celery, medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 large carrot medium dice (about ½ cup)
- 5 Tbsp of butter or butter substitute, plus 1 tablespoon for greasing crock pot.
- 2 cups gluten-free low-salt chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- 5-6-quart crock pot
- Grease a 4-6 qt Crock Pot well, about ¾ of the way up.
- In a large skillet pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until vegetable are crisp-tender. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add stock and the spice packet. Stir.
- Place stuffing cubes into the crock pot, pour mixture from pan over stuffing cubes. Toss lightly until well mixed.
- Turn slow cooker onto high for 30 minutes. Reduce temperature to low and cook an additional 1.5 hours or until hot. Alternatively, you could cook it on low for 2 – 2.5 hours.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
- The carrots, celery onions, stock, and spice packet mixture can be prepared ahead of time. Then brought to room temperature.
- Add fresh or dried cranberries, sautéed mushrooms, or cooked sausage when adding the stock and spices.
- Apples should be cooked along with carrots, celery, and onions so they soften.
- Garnish with your favorite fresh herbs.