- 2 slices of bacon, small dice
- 1 shallot, small dice
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ¼ cup Sambuca or Pernod
- 1 ½ lbs. fresh spinach
- ½ cup of light cream
- 1 lb. Gruyere cheese grated
- ½ cup Aleia’s Panko
- 12 Fresh Oysters, shucked
- Position rack to the upper middle position
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Sautee bacon until almost brown add shallots and garlic. Sauté until bacon is cooked.
- Add liquor and deglaze.
- Add spinach and cream. Reduce heat and stir until mixture is creamy. The cream turns golden in color when done.
- Let cool.
- Open oysters.
- Top each oyster with 1 tablespoon of the spinach-cream mixture.
- Mix the cheese and the panko together and sprinkle on top of the spinach covering it completely.
- Bake in the oven at 375 until bubbling and the top is golden brown.