- 2 eggplants, medium to small
- 8-9 olives, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 12 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup Aleia’s Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 cups Pecorino Romano
- 4 flat anchovy fillets in oil, reserve 1 Tbsp. anchovy oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- To begin set aside 1 Tbsp. of anchovy oil.
- Halve eggplants lengthwise. Scoop out the center of eggplants halfway into the eggplant. Set the shells and eggplant flesh aside.
- Place eggplant boats on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper and drizzled with olive oil.
- Chop the eggplant flesh.
- Chop the olives.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the parsley.
- Chop 4 anchovy fillets.
- In a pan, medium-low heat, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. of anchovy oil add chopped garlic and sauté, about 5 minutes.
- Add the anchovies and mash with a spoon to make a paste.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add chopped tomatoes, olives, and parsley.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Add chopped eggplant.