Makes 24 date balls
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces Earth Balance (olive oil, soy free)
- 1 cup chopped Medjool dates
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 cups gluten-free rice krispies
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (chopped fine)
- Small paper candy cups (optional)
- In a heavy bottom pan, on medium heat mix with a wooden spoon; 1 cup sugar, 4 ounces Earth balance, 1 cup chopped Medjool dates and 1 egg.
- Stir constantly for 10 minutes until thick and completely combined.
- Remove from heat and add 3 cups gluten-free rice krispies, ½ cup chopped walnuts.
- In a clean bowl pour the shredded coconut.
- While mixture is hot, use a 2-ounce cookie scoop or large soup spoon and scoop 4 – 5 balls at a time into the shredded coconut.
- Roll the balls in the coconut to coat.
- Place on tray or in small paper candy cups to cool.