Makes 24 Mini Muffins
- 1 bag (10oz) Aleia’s Gluten Free Savory Stuffing Mix
- ½ onion medium dice (about ½ cup)
- 1 large carrot medium dice (about ½ cup)
- 2 ribs celery medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups gluten free low salt chicken stock
- 1 pound GF sweet Italian sausage
- 3 egg whites, lightly whipped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Mini Muffin pan
- Heat oven to 350˚F
- In a large skillet pan on medium heat, cook the sausage until golden brown.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add the butter, onions, carrots & celery. Sauté until tender. Scrape the fond (the flavor bits left at the bottom of the pan)
- Add the sausage back into the pan
- Add the stock, spice packet and cranberries. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place stuffing cubes into a large bowl, pour mixture from pan over stuffing cubes.
- Toss lightly until well mixed.
- Let cool.
- Add the egg whites. Toss lightly again.
- Form little stuffing balls using your hands–try to press them relatively well into a greased mini muffin tin, mounding a little at the top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, use a butter knife to glide around the edges of each muffin, so that they release from the sides. Then carefully remove each muffin.
Enjoyed your savory stuffing. It is so nice to have a stuffing that tastes as good as the gluton stuffing does. Would like to receive your information.
These are really good. I made them ahead of time and ate one on eve of Thanksgiving. I made my mine in a regular muffin pan. What a different take on rolls or stuffing. Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃