Makes 24 Mini Muffins
- 1 bag (10oz) Aleia’s Gluten Free Savory Stuffing Mix
- ½ onion medium dice (about ½ cup)
- 1 large carrot medium dice (about ½ cup)
- 2 ribs celery medium dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups gluten free low salt chicken stock
- 1 pound GF sweet Italian sausage
- 3 egg whites, lightly whipped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Mini Muffin pan
- Heat oven to 350˚F
- In a large skillet pan on medium heat, cook the sausage until golden brown.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Add the butter, onions, carrots & celery. Sauté until tender. Scrape the fond (the flavor bits left at the bottom of the pan)
- Add the sausage back into the pan
- Add the stock, spice packet and cranberries. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place stuffing cubes into a large bowl, pour mixture from pan over stuffing cubes.
- Toss lightly until well mixed.
- Let cool.
- Add the egg whites. Toss lightly again.
- Form little stuffing balls using your hands–try to press them relatively well into a greased mini muffin tin, mounding a little at the top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, use a butter knife to glide around the edges of each muffin, so that they release from the sides. Then carefully remove each muffin.