- 8 Fresh jalapeños (makes 16 halves)
- 8 oz cream cheese, whipped style
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 4 pieces thick-cut bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh scallions, chopped (green part only)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Aleia’s Gluten Free Panko Original
- Cast iron pan or baking dish
- Disposable gloves (for handling the jalapeños)
- Paring knife
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Using a paring knife, halve the jalapeños and scoop out the seeds, with the paring knife gently remove the membranes, keeping the stem intact for presentation. (we recommend using gloves on your hands as the membrane tends to be hot!!).
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, shredded Gruyere cheese, butter, cooked bacon, scallions & black pepper.
- Using an oval shaped large soup spoon, scoop mixture into your hands and roll into a log shape.
- Fill each jalapeno evenly with the cheese mixture.
- Place panko on a clean plate
- Turn the cheese filled jalapeños over into the panko and lightly press so the panko evenly coats.
- Place in cast iron pan or baking dish.
- Bake in a 375°F oven, on the middle rack, for approximately 30 minutes.
- When the bread crumbs are golden, the filling is bubbling, and the panko is golden brown they are done!
Quick Microwaved Bacon:
- Place 4 pieces of bacon in between a double layer of paper towel and place on a plate.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes then turn the bacon over and microwave for 2 more minutes.