- 1 pint of grape tomatoes cut in half or 2 large, ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, or peeled in strips. Seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 small red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 4 large basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 bag of Aleia’s Gluten Free Croutons 10 oz. (we make two varieties – a Classic and Parmesan – either works wonderfully)
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette. Combine the garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and fresh pepper in a mason jar. Shake vigorously or combine ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl add tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, basil and parsley lightly salt.
- Add the croutons and toss with the vinaigrette. Allow the salad to sit for about a half an hour – this will allow your flavors to blend nicely. Give the salad one more mix before serving.