- 2 large artichokes, stems removed (peel stems, chop and add to bread crumb mixture)
- ¼ cup ripe pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup Aleia’s Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 anchovies, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (to drizzle)
- With a serrated knife, cut tops of artichokes approximately 1/4 inch below the top.
- Using sharp scissors snip off pointed tips of each artichoke petal.
- In a 5-quart pan, place approximately two inches of water and set on stove top.
- In a bowl, combine: olives, parsley, garlic, chopped artichoke stems, anchovies, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese.
- Spread each petal as wide as allowed and stuff artichokes.
- Place in pan, drizzle olive oil over each artichoke.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook 55-60 minutes until tender and leaves pull freely from the artichoke.