- 8 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled & halved lengthwise
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Coarse salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Aleia’s Coat & Crunch Crispy Spicy for garnish
- Piping bag & star tip
- Fill a large pot with one inch of water.
- Insert a steamer basket.
- Bring the water to a boil, over high heat.
- Gently add the eggs to the steamer basket in a single layer.
- Cover and steam for 17 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Transfer eggs to an ice bath to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- To peel, crack them softly starting at the larger end and gently rotating and tapping all around.
- Peel away the shell under cool running water.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, & vinegar.
- Halve the eggs lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the yokes, leaving the whites intact.
- Add all the yokes to the mayonnaise mixture, season with salt & pepper and stir until creamy using a hand mixer or food processor.
- Fill using piping bag method below (you can also scoop the filling back into the eggs using a small spoon or add the filling to a zip top bag and snip one of the corners for piping).
- Fill the piping bag. Hold your piping bag loosely about halfway up, and with your other hand, fold back the top of the bag to form a large cuff.
- Using a spatula, scoop the egg mixture and place it into the pastry bag.
- Move the mixture all the way to the tip to eliminate any air bubbles. Squeeze until a few inches of the mixture push through the tip.
- Fill each egg white with a large dollop of the yolk mixture.
- Top each egg with Aleia’s Crispy Spicy Coat & Crunch. If possible, sprinkle the Coat & Crunch just before serving, so that they retain their crunchy texture.
- Buy the eggs in advance. Boiled farm-fresh eggs are more difficult to peel than older eggs. If you want to make perfect hard-boiled eggs, it pays to buy them in advance and cook them after a few days in the fridge.
- Store the eggs upside down. For the yolks to land right in the center of the hard-boiled eggs, store the raw eggs upside down before you cook them for at least 24 hours.