- 1 bag Aleia’s Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1 ½ lbs. cream cheese
- 12-ounce confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 3 whole large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp gluten-free vanilla
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 10″ spring form pan
- non-stick cooking spray
- 10″-round circle of parchment paper (use the bottom of the pan to trace the circle)
- tin foil
- 12″ round pan
NOTE: It is very important that all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300˚.
- Prepare pan by spraying the entire inside of pan with cooking spray. Place the 10”- round piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and cover the outside of the pan, coming at least half way up with tin foil.
- Put pan aside and prepare snickerdoodle crust.
- Break Aleia’s Snickerdoodle Cookies into pieces and place in food processor or put the cookies in a zip-top bag, squeeze the air out and roll with a rolling pin until they are crushed into crumbs.
- Place butter in large microwavable bowl and place in the microwave for :30 on high.
- Add cookie crumbs to butter and mix thoroughly.
- Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the spring form pan evenly, making sure they go ½” up the side of the pan.
- Refrigerate crus
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and lemon juice until blended thoroughly.
- With the mixer on low, add eggs and egg yolks one at a time into the cream cheese un-til incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and sour cream. Scrape down the sides.
- Mix on low until thoroughly combined.
- Remove crust from refrigerator.
- Pour into center of the crust so it spreads evenly.
- Place pan in water bath. Using a larger pan, place the smaller 10” cheesecake pan in-side. Water should be at least ¼ ways up the side of pan. (A water bath keeps the ov-en moisture high and the heat gentle.)
- Bake in oven for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Turn oven off. Keep door ajar for ½ hour more.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate.
- Be careful of the parchment paper when cutting and serving.