- 1 package Aleia’s Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
- 1 package Aleia’s Coconut Macaroons
- 1 pint gluten-free Bing cherry ice cream (we use Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia)
- 1 pint gluten-free vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 jar gluten-free chocolate sauce
- 8-inch spring form pan
- Cut the chocolate macaroons in half and place in the bowl of a food processor. Grind until they are pea size.
- Pour the ground macaroons into the bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan, and press firmly with your fingertips to form the base of your ice box cake.
- Scoop the cherry ice cream onto the macaroon crust and spread to cover.
- Warm chocolate sauce in the microwave (about 30 seconds). Spread an even layer over the ice cream & freeze for an hour.
- Grind coconut macaroons in a food processor until they are pea size.
- Pour onto the layer of chocolate sauce and press gently to cover.
- Spread the softened vanilla bean ice cream over the coconut macaroon layer.
- Freeze until just before you’re ready to serve.
- Remove the spring form.
- When serving, cut the cake with a knife that has been warmed under hot water. Run the knife under hot water after each slice. This keeps the knife clean, and the warm knife slices neatly through each piece. Be sure to dry it or shake as much water off the knife as possible before cutting your slices.