- 12 Aleia’s Coconut Macaroon cookies
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Chop your macaroon cookies into small pieces.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spread 2/3 of the melted chocolate onto the center of the wax paper.
- Sprinkle the chopped cookies onto the chocolate, followed by the chocolate chunks and the chopped walnuts.
- Drizzle the remaining melted chocolate over everything.
- Refrigerate until hardened (at least one hour). Break into pieces before serving.
Tip: this recipe can be made with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate and topped with everything from nuts to dried fruits or candies.
A great handmade gift idea too!